Remote work is on the rise – and not just in the last year. Sure, the previous year brought on a surge of remote workers, but the interest in remote work has been trending up for almost a decade. It turns out that 2020 just expedited the inevitable. So, if remote work is on your radar, there are plenty of opportunities to go virtual.
Flexibility is cited as one of its main benefits. In some positions, you can choose where you do your work, set your own schedule and choose your own hours. Plus, its flexibility often allows for more time with family to create a better work/life balance.
Remote Job Ideas
The list of jobs you can now do from home is practically endless. Almost anything an in-office worker can do, you can do from the comfort of your home, as long as you have fast and reliable internet.
- Sales – Outbound sales tends to be incredibly flexible and can be a great career path if you’re a highly motivated self-starter.
- Customer Service – If you’re a problem solver who enjoys a customer-facing (or customer-listening) position, you should consider remote customer service. These jobs are usually super simple to set up from home, too.
- Tutoring/TESL – Are you in the educational field? Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) could be the perfect side-gig for you. These jobs are always in demand.
- Writing – Whether you’re ghostwriting creative prose or writing content for blogs, there is always someone looking for a wordsmith. Most writing job boards are freelance, but if you build the right connections, you might be able to score a position writing recurring content for one employer.
- Web Development/Graphic Design – If you know how to write code, build a website, develop software or create digital art, you’re pretty much golden. There’s never been a better time to put your tech skills to good use, and the money’s decent, too!
Platforms like Upwork, Fiverr and Freelancer are jam-packed with freelance opportunities. These sites include just about everything from content writing and transcription jobs to audio and video editing opportunities. They operate on a job-by-job basis, which means you should be motivated to scan the boards every day for new work.
Remote Job Boards
There are many sites that list remote jobs. It’s just about finding the one that works best for you! Here are a few sites to help you find general work.
If you’re ready to start working remotely, there’s a world of opportunities out there for you to explore, and you can rely on Chariton Valley to keep you connected! To learn more about Chariton Valley’s internet service, call 660-395-9000.