This agreement represents the complete legal understanding between cvalley.net and the account holder and supersedes any other written or oral agreement. Upon notice published on-line, cvalley.net may modify these terms and conditions, and the prices and services offered. cvalley.net holds the right to terminate the account of an offending customer without notice.
cvalley.net sets forth an Acceptable Use Policy with the intent of protecting our service, our customers, and other users of the Internet from potentially abusive actions taken by cvalley.net customers. The following policy is non-exclusive; any action about which there is doubt should be referred to cvalley.net for evaluation.
If you do not agree to these policies, please notify our business office toll free at (888) 284-9930 so we may discontinue your account.
Statement of Responsibility
The use of the system by the User is purely permissive, and no license or periodic right of use is granted. All information placed upon the system, or network, is published by User and not by cvalley.net. cvalley.net will not edit or exercise any prior control over content of messages place by User on the system. cvalley.net assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or quality of the information obtained through its services. cvalley.net acts only as a conduit for information placed by the User. cvalley.net makes no guaranties of privacy; all user files, unless otherwise stated, are subject to search/investigation by cvalley.net if deviant activity is suspected. E-mail content is deemed as private information. User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless cvalley.net from any claims resulting from account holders use of the service that damages user or another party.
- Each cvalley.net account has a password that is key to gain access to the account. The customer who registers the account is solely responsible for all access and actions taken with regard to the account. The customer shall not permit or assist others to abuse or fraudulently use it. It is the account owner’s responsibility to safeguard the account password and to ensure that cvalley.net Acceptable Use Policies (AUP) are honored. cvalley.net will hold the account owner responsible for any violations of the AUP
- cvalley.net enforces these policies with respect to cvalley.net customers only. We are not responsible for abusive actions from other sites or networks on the Internet.
- cvalley.net makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. cvalley.net is not responsible for any damages to the account holder, including loss of data resulting from delays, mis-deliveries, or service interruptions, sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use cvalley.net.
- cvalley.net provides access to Usenet newsgroups system. Frequently, articles in these newsgroups contain language or pictures intended for adult audiences. For this reason, cvalley.net does not provide accounts to individuals less than 18 years old without express written permission, and acceptance of these policies, by a parent or legal guardian.
Acceptable use of the cvalley.net network facilities does NOT include:
- Attempting to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account on cvalley.net systems or the Internet at large (“cracking”).
- Use of cvalley.net systems or networks (willfully or negligently) in a manner that encumbers disk space, processors, bandwidth, or other system resources so as to interfere with others’ normal use of services on cvalley.net or other systems and networks (“denial of service” attack).
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g. “spoofing”); or, obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Engaging in any activities that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g. synchronized number sequence attacks) to any server or end user; or, using cvalley.net products and services to interfere with the use of the cvalley.net network by other customer’s or authorized users.
- Allowing programs to run on the server after the user has logged off of the system. No bots, exploits, Daemons, or any server programs shall be run by users at any time. Abuse of system in such manner will result in the immediate termination of the program and deletion of the files. It may also result in termination of the user’s account.
- Activities which violate local, state, or federal statutes.
Keeping registry information updated and accurate is the responsibility of the domain holder and not cvalley.net. Acceptable use of the cvalley.net domain name service does NOT include:
- Falsifying or omitting valid domain contact information, including the administrative, technical, zone, and billing contacts
- Violating the U.S. Federal Laws and international treaties concerning copyrighted materials (e.g. images, text, and programs).
Acceptable use of Email does NOT include:
- Sending unsolicited mass mailings of any nature, including those with a “negative option” for continuation. The negative option is inviting those who do not wish to receive more email to reply to you.
- Mail bombing (sending a large number of email messages, or singularly large email messages, to a single address in order to flood someone’s mailbox).
- Forgoing email headers to obscure the true originator of the message.
- Creating or participating in pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Sending harassing email, either by language, size, or frequency. This includes sending email (or real time) messages to a person who has asked explicitly that you do not.
- Activities which violate local, state, or federal statutes.
- Dial-up connections to cvalley.net that are idle for 60 minutes or longer, or connected for more than 24 hours continuously, will be disconnected. You may not take action for the purpose of defeating our “idle timeouts” or similar mechanisms. Idle time is defined as a period during which no input is sent or received across the modem connections.
- Multiple simultaneous logins to a single cvalley.net dial-up account are prohibited.
- While our service is unlimited, it is not a dedicated modem connection. Use of cvalley.net dial-up service as a dedicated modem connection through the use of redialers and idle-time traffic generators is prohibited.
- Resale of individual ISP accounts is prohibited.
Acceptable use of cvalley.net web space does NOT include:
- Distribution of pornographic or otherwise indecent or offending materials.
- Distribution of restricted software or materials in violation of copyright or distribution licenses.
- Distribution of materials which violate local, state, or federal statutes. cvalley.net reserves the right to restrict or terminate service without refund in the event of an AUP violation. cvalley.net also reserves the right to take action on abuse which is specifically named in this AUP at the sole discretion of cvalley.net. Use of the cvalley.net systems and network constitutes understanding and agreement of this policy.
Reporting Abuse to cvalley.net
cvalley.net provides an e-mail address for use in reporting abusive activities originating from cvalley.net customers as outlined in the cvalley.net Acceptable Use Policy. Please note, abuse originating from non-cvalley.net customers cannot be handled by cvalley.net. Report those instances to the provider/site who has authority over the abusive user.
- When reporting e-mail or Usenet abuse, include a FULL copy of the message, including headers. This information is required in order for any action to be taken.
- When reporting other types of abuse, include details such as log files documenting the incident. cvalley.net cannot act on your word alone. We must have documented proof of an incident.
- Send your report in e-mail to [email protected]. Due to the number of reports submitted pertaining to a single abuse incident, it is not always possible for cvalley.net to respond to each and every report.
- NOTE: The action taken on abuse reports will be at the sole discretion of cvalley.net. Our intent is to simply do our part to insure quality access and use of the Internet to all of our customers and to the Internet community at large.