Now more than ever, it is important for everyone to have access to fiber internet, and seniors are no exception. Statistics indicate a growing number of seniors have begun using the internet in recent years. According to Medalerthelp.org:
- Baby boomers devote more than a full day each week to online activity
- Over 70% of senior internet users access the internet daily or nearly each day
- A whopping 61% of seniors aged 70 to 74 subscribe to residential internet service
So, why are more seniors online? It’s simple really. Internet access allows them to:
- Stay connected with family and friends
- Access online healthcare
- Socially engage with others
- Take part in online activities for cognitive stimulation
- Utilize smart devices for security and peace of mind
- Conveniently gain access to information of interest
- Watch news and entertainment videos
- Much more
And fiber internet service provides seniors with the high-speed connection needed to keep up with online pastimes from the comfort of their homes. It’s essential for an optimized online experience.
If you know a senior that would enjoy being online or you are a senior and want a better internet service, Chariton Valley has cost-effective fiber internet plans that provide the necessary speeds to meet anyone’s needs. Plus, a Lifeline monthly credit may be available for those participating in a qualifying assistance program, such as Medicaid, that will make the service even more affordable!
Contact Chariton Valley today to learn more. Additional information about Chariton Valley fiber internet and the Lifeline program are also available on our website.