Now more than ever, it is important for everyone to have access to fiber internet, and seniors are no exception. Statistics indicate a growing number of seniors have begun using the internet in recent years. According to Medalerthelp.org:
- Baby boomers devote more than a full day each week to online activity
- Over 70% of senior internet users access the internet daily or nearly each day
- A whopping 61% of seniors aged 70 to 74 subscribe to residential internet service
So, why are more seniors online? It’s simple really. Internet access allows them to:
- Stay connected with family and friends
- Access online healthcare
- Socially engage with others
- Take part in online activities for cognitive stimulation
- Utilize smart devices for security and peace of mind
- Conveniently gain access to information of interest
- Watch news and entertainment videos
- Much more
And fiber internet service provides seniors with the high-speed connection needed to keep up with online pastimes from the comfort of their homes. It’s essential for an optimized online experience.
If you know a senior that would enjoy being online or you are a senior and want a better internet service, Chariton Valley has cost-effective fiber internet plans that provide the necessary speeds to meet anyone’s needs. Plus, a Lifeline monthly credit may be available for those participating in a qualifying assistance program, such as Medicaid, that will make the service even more affordable!