Just about everyone has heard of fiber, but what exactly is it? Most importantly, how does it benefit you?
First, fiber is short for fiber optics, the thin glass fibers that use light to carry data. Fiber is very powerful with the capacity to transmit enormous amounts of information around the world daily, which is why it has quickly become the ideal method for delivering internet service.
So, what does this mean to you? Well, it means a lot. Those fortunate enough to live in areas where fiber optic internet is offered enjoy many benefits. A few of these advantages include:
- Superfast speed – We are talking up to 500 Mbps, and if you don’t know how fast that is, let’s just say there isn’t much waiting around for your music to download or a video to play. For example, downloading a high definition movie only takes about 12 seconds, and downloading a video game happens in less than one minute! Whew!
- Reliability – Fiber is not affected by weather. There isn’t outages or interruptions during bad weather conditions.
- Substantial bandwidth – With fiber, you have all the bandwidth (how fast data moves across your home network) you need. Using multiple devices connected to the internet is not a problem. There are various fiber speeds available. Therefore, you have the power you require for your connected devices to operate at their peak performance.
- Future-proof service – Fiber moves with the times. Fiber is equipped to handle the introduction of new devices or technologies. As your demand for more data grows so will your need for speed. The same fiber you have today will adapt to tomorrow’s devices.
- Deliverability – Your Chariton Valley services (including video, landline phone and wireless internet services) are available through the same fiber network that delivers your internet, which means all your services are super dependable. You will get a sharp, brilliant video experience that is not subject to weather conditions. Plus, the call quality of a landline phone is far superior than other delivery methods.
Now that you’re up to speed, start enjoying all of what fiber offers. Contact Chariton Valley at 660-395-9000 or visit a location near you. And, if you have already signed up, be a CV Fiber Community Champion by encouraging your neighbors to sign up! Go Further. Go Faster. GO FIBER.
*Speeds not available in all areas. Contact us for complete details.