1. Will members vote electronically again this year?
Yes! Electronic voting allows 100% of members an opportunity to vote from the convenience of their own homes without having to travel and has proven to be successful in increasing member participation over the last two years. Since members can vote any time during the two week period, as opposed to a short three hour window, it furthers the opportunity for every member to be a part of the election process.
2. How does electronic voting work?
• Every member will receive a letter from Survey & Ballot Systems (SBS), our election service provider, with instructions to follow and credentials (username and password) needed to vote.
• Members with a valid email on file with Chariton Valley will also receive this information by email.
• To protect the integrity of the election, Chariton Valley employees may not have any knowledge of members’ usernames or passwords. Therefore, we can only assist with accessing the SBS website. Any further assistance is not permitted.
3. Is internet access needed to vote?
Yes. Members who do not have internet access may vote at voting stations set up at any Chariton Valley office (Salisbury, Brookfield, Macon and Moberly), Hale Supply & Variety store (213 Main Street – Hale) and Bucklin City Hall (606 Oak Street – Bucklin) during each location’s normal business hours. If utilizing a voting station, it is important that members bring the letter containing their credentials in order to access their personal voting ballots.
4. When is the voting period?
Voting begins September 23rd and ends October 7th at 4:00 pm sharp.
5. How can members get to know the candidates?
Board candidate information is available at cvalley.net/cvannualmeeting and on the voting site provided by Survey & Ballot Systems.
6. How do members get entered to win $1,000?
Every member who votes by October 7th will be automatically entered in a drawing in which 10 winners, randomly selected, will each receive $1,000 cash!
7. When is the Annual Meeting?
October 7th at 4:00 pm. Due to COVID precautions, this year’s meeting will be online only. In-person attendance will not be allowed. Visit our Facebook page for live streaming of the Annual Meeting and to find out the winners.
8. Why did Chariton Valley opt to have an election provider run the election?
The foundation of any successful cooperative is member trust. Failing to provide unbiased elections can leave Chariton Valley open to member scrutiny, negative publicity and even lawsuits. Survey & Ballot Systems is Chariton Valley’s election provider. SBS ensures elections are fair, transparent, efficient and effective.