Halloween is right around the corner. Although trick-or-treating can be fun and memorable for your children, sending them off into the night can be frightening for you. However, equipping your ghosts and goblins with a smartphone can provide some peace of mind and make for a safer Halloween.
There are also a few helpful smartphone tips you can employ to ensure you and your children are fully prepared for the night ahead.
- Discuss with your children the importance of keeping their smartphones with them at all times. A smartphone allows for instant communication in the event of an emergency.
- Being in the dark can be eerie, but a smartphone’s included flashlight will add a smidge of light to the Halloween night. Confirm your children know how to access it.
- Ensure that the battery is fully charged. It will make you and them feel better, knowing the device will function the entire evening.
- Using the calendar feature, set predetermined reminders for your children to check in. If they lose track of time and forget to contact you, these reminders will come in handy.
- While discussing the night’s curfew, set the alarms on their smartphones with a prearranged time. Your trick-or-treaters will know when they should be home, even when they are preoccupied with friends.
- As obvious as this may seem, ensure the volume is turned up on their smartphones. Being unable to reach your children could be scary.
The features and functionality of a smartphone can help you create an unboolievable Halloween. If you need a smartphone or would like to upgrade, contact Chariton Valley at 660-395-9000. We offer all the latest devices on our amazing 4G LTE network. It sounds like we’re bragging, but hey, if you’ve got it, haunt it!